Five ways to have fun this weekend.
1. In theaters this weekend is “Dunkirk” from acclaimed director Christopher Nolan about the famous evacuation of Allied troops from France during a fierce battle in World War II or check out “Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets” a science fiction film written and directed by Luc Besson and a guaranteed visually stunning flick.
2. Friday is National Junk Food Day. Whether you have a sweet tooth or crave salty snacks this is the day to indulge. Or take it up a notch and combine sweet and salty by trying chocolate covered potato chips or chocolate dipped pretzels.
3. Sunday is Hot Enough For Ya Day, and, boy, is it perfect timing — most of the U.S. is suffering through a heat wave. Go to a pool or the beach, play in sprinklers, eat ice cream — just find a way to stay cool!
4. The Tour de France ends on Sunday, and you’ll be able to catch the exciting conclusion on TV. Check your listings for times, or head to the official website.
5. There are more sports options this weekend if you just want to sit back and stay cool: The WNBA All-Star Game takes place Saturday at 3:30 p.m. EDT on ABC; Major League Baseball is in action; and several NASCAR races will take place. Check your listings for TV times.
— More Content Now