Five ways to have fun this weekend.
1. In theaters this weekend is the comedy “Night School” rated PG-13 and starring Kevin Hart as a man who loses his job and is forced to attend night school to get his GED under the guidance of a no-nonsense teacher (Tiffany Haddish); ”Monsters and Men” rated R about the aftermath of a police killing of a black man, told through the eyes of the bystander who filmed the act, an African-American police officer and a high-school baseball phenom inspired to take a stand; and the animated family friendly comedy “Smallfoot” about Migo (Channing Tatum), a yeti, who is convinced that the elusive creatures known as “humans” really do exist.
2. Friday is National Good Neighbor Day, a movement designed to get people to know and be friendly with your neighbors. In this day and age, most people don’t interact with their neighbors like they used to, so do something different and invite a neighbor over for tea or coffee, or grill out together.
3. October is upon us, so it’s time to start decorating for Halloween! You can do it on the cheap, too – have your kids draw spooky decorations, make your own ghosts or whatever you can think of. Pumpkin patches, haunted houses and corn mazes are starting to open as well. If it’s already gone a bit chilly outside, be sure to enjoy some hot apple cider to celebrate National Hot Mulled Cider Day on Sunday.
4. Grab Fido or Rover and take them for a walk on Sunday to start National Walk Your Dog Week off right! If you don’t own a dog, accompany a friend or volunteer to walk dogs at your local animal shelter. Did you know that 40 percent of dogs (a total of about 17 million) in the United States alone, are overweight? If you walk your dog just 30 minutes a day, you (and your dog) will meet national recommendations for heart health.
5. This time of year is great for sports fans, as baseball and soccer leagues are gearing up for the playoffs and college and pro football are in action. Check out the website of your team or league for schedule information.
— More Content Now