Five ways to have fun this weekend.
1. In theaters this weekend is the musical comedy “Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again” in this prequel/sequel to the 2008 hit romantic comedy, Sophie learns about her mother’s past while pregnant herself; “The Equalizer 2” which follows retired CIA agent Robert McCall (Denzel Washington) as he sets out on a path of revenge after one of his friends is killed; and the horror film “Unfriended: Dark Web” about a teen who comes into possession of a new laptop and soon discovers that the previous owner is not only watching him, but will also do anything to get it back.
2. Saturday is National Junk Food Day. Whether you have a sweet tooth or crave salty snacks this is the day to indulge. Or take it up a notch and combine sweet and salty by trying chocolate covered potato chips or chocolate dipped pretzels.
3. Friday is Space Exploration Day and also Moon Day because July 20, 1969, was when Neil Armstrong and Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin set foot on the moon. Check the newspaper or call around to see if your library or any museums are having any events. Or you can camp out in the backyard this night and look at the moon. A telescope is ideal, but even binoculars can give you a new, close-up view.
4. As far as sports, this weekend we have Major League Baseball, NASCAR and Major League Soccer, so you’ll have plenty to watch on TV. Check the newspaper for schedules.
5. Monday is Hot Enough For Ya Day, and, boy, is it perfect timing — most of the U.S. is suffering through a heat wave. Go to a pool or the beach, play in sprinklers, eat ice cream — just find a way to stay cool!
— More Content Now