Five ways to have fun this weekend.
1. The big movies opening this week are both rated PG-13, for the kids there’s “Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation” an animated flick wherein Count Dracula makes a romantic connection while on vacation with his family; and for action loving adults, “Skyscraper” in which U.S. war veteran Will Ford (Dwayne Johnson) goes to great lengths to save his family from a burning skyscraper.
2. After a month of world-class soccer, the moment of truth is finally here: the World Cup final. The game is Sunday at 11 a.m. EDT on FOX. There will be plenty of pre-game content to watch, too, so set aside your afternoon for what many around the world call the greatest single game in sports.
3. Sunday marks the beginning of National Zoo Keeper Week, an occasion to recognize the contributions of zookeepers. Head to your local zoo if you can, or find more information at http://aazk.org/national-zoo-keeper-week/.
4. National French Fries Day is also on Sunday. YUM. You can make your own (they’re relatively easy if you’re careful), head to your favorite restaurant that serves fries or hold a “best fries” contest. Some local and national restaurants are even giving out free orders of fries.
5. If you’re looking for an international sporting event aside from the World Cup to keep you occupied don’t forget that the Wimbledon tennis tournament as well as cycling’s Tour De France are taking place. For more info visit http://www.wimbledon.com or https://www.letour.fr/en/.
— More Content Now